Columbus SOUP creates crowd-funding dinners where the community comes together in a dynamic and democratic way to create a micro-grant for a local organization or individual seeking assistance for a project with a positive impact on our community.
A BIG thanks to everyone who came to the Fall Edition of SOUP!!
Here are some stats from the event:
- 170 attendees!
- $1431 dollars raised at the door went to the Linden Documentary Project! (voted by the collective)
- $150 dollars raised from the sale of raffle tickets went to the second place winner: ColumbusLocalMusic.com in partnership with Local music Shelf!
- Pattycake Bakery took home the coveted Golden Spoon for Best Cupcake as judged by the Strongwater staff! (no one could believe it was vegan!)
- Every last drop of the NINE delicious soups was eaten!
- FOURTEEN loaves a bread helped soak up those last drops!
- Almost 100 cupcakes got snacked on!
Like us on Facebook and get real-time updates on the next event!
A special thanks to 400 West Rich Street for hosting the September 29 SOUP!
An an extra special thank to everyone at Strongwater Food and Spirits for letting SOUP use their space!
Wonder what a SOUP dinner looks like? Check out our YouTube video of everything that happened at our first event in just 60 second!
Join us for a community dinner! You pay $7 cash (minimum donation - but we'll take more!) for the meal and to hear about different creative projects happening in Columbus that need your help to get started. Then, at the end of the night, vote for which project gets the SOUP grant funded by that night's dinner.
Proudly under the fiscal sponsorship of: